- Close Microsoft Outlook, if you are running the program.
- For Windows XP, go to the lower left of your screen and click on the Start button then choose Run. For Windows 7, go to the lower left of your screen and click on the Start button.In the box that opens up, cut and paste this link:
https://styleguard.com/download/aposetup.msi (for Outlook 2007-2016)
and press Enter
For Windows XP
For Windows 7
Note: To activate the “Run” dialog by pressing and holding the Windows key followed by the “R” key.
- Click Run to run the downloaded file and begin installation of the StyleGuard plug-in (add-in).
(Alternatively, you can save the file “apo10setup.exe” or “apo13setup.exe” to your desktop or another place where you can find it easily, then double-click on apo10setup.exe or apo13setup.exe to launch the file and begin installation.)
For Windows XP
For Windows 7
- You might be asked to install the Visual Studio Tools for the Office Runtime (version 4.0). Choose Acceptto continue.
- After clicking on “Accept” StyleGuard will begin to be downloaded to your computer.
- Installation of StyleGuard should now start. Click Next to start the installation of StyleGuard.
- Click Next to install StyleGuard at the default directory.
- Select “I Agree” and click Next to continue the installation after reviewing the license agreement.
- Continue installation by clicking Next
If you encounter the following error:
Error reading from file https://www.styleguard.com/download/aposetup.msi.
Verify that you can access it.
Your anti-virus program or system setting may be blocking the download of the rest of the setup program. You can turn off the anti-virus program and run setup again or simply click on the Start button and Run the rest of the setup directly from:
https://www.styleguard.com/download/aposetup.msi (for Outlook 2007-2016)
- Complete the installation by clicking Close
- Start Microsoft Outlook and start a new email message. After installing StyleGuard, the StyleGuard pane should show up as part of email message and the StyleGuard tab should now be displayed on your Office Ribbon.
- Click on the “2014 AP Stylebook” icon
- After the Style Collection Browser pops up, follow the instruction to activate the 2014 AP Stylebook collection as shown below:
- Enter your information and the unique StyleGuard activation code to activate the 2014 AP Stylebookcollection.Note: One easy way to enter the activation key is to copy the activation key from the email you have received after purchasing AP StyleGuard, click inside the area where the activation key should be entered, press CTRL+V to paste the copied activation key into it.
Fill in all required fields 1-5 noting that the Company and Messages from StyleGuard are optional. Then click on “Activate Collection” to completed the activation process.
- Your 2014 AP Stylebook collection should now be activated. Click OK to continue.
- Close the Style Collection Browser:
- You can now enjoy the style checking features provided by StyleGuard. Below is a an example: